How much does it cost to live in
Clackamas River Community Cooperative?
ROC members decide when the rent needs to be raised and by how much.
- Each member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash collection and the ROC’s mortgage payments.
- The second charge is the one-time membership fee. Once a member has paid the membership fee, he or she only pays lot rent. And, members get their membership fee back if they sell their homes.
- The average lot rent is $660 per month plus water charges based on household usage, and trash collection .
- The one-time membership fee is $100.
- Before the homeowners bought Clackamas River Village, we had monthly rent increases of about $20 almost every year. We now have control over rent increases and in fact, after our first year, we were able to decrease the rent!
- Clackamas River Community charges new members a non-refundable application fee starting at $35 for each adult in the household. For more information and an application click here or call our Property Manager, Brian Hoag, at 503.244.2300.